As of the writing of this article, the CDC had just authorized the use of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine to be ad-ministered as boosters at least six months after completion of the primary Pfizer-BioNTech series in certain populations:
• Adults ages 65 and older;
• Residents of long-term care facilities;
• Adults ages 50 to 64 who have an underlying medical condition that may increase their risk from a COVID infection;
• Adults ages 18 to 49 who may be at increased risk from a COVID-19 infection because of an underlying medical condition, IF that person feels like they need one based on a consideration of their individual benefit and risks; and
• Adults ages 18 to 64 years who may be at increased risk from COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting and are at least six months after the primary series.
This authorization applies only to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Anyone who received the Moderna vaccine series is not eligible for a booster dose at this time. Information on Moderna booster shots should be coming in the next month or so.
The pharmacy is ready to administer booster doses to anyone who had their first two doses of Pfizer vaccine at least six months prior to the booster dose. These booster doses will be given on a walk-in basis, no appointment necessary. We administer vaccinations Monday-Friday 9am-6pm and Saturdays from 8:30am-12:30pm. If circumstances change, we may need to return to scheduling booster doses. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our website (www.NorlandRx.com).
Important things to keep in mind:
1. You will have to fill out another consent form to receive the booster dose. You can do this at the pharmacy, but to expedite the process, you can print the form off of our website, fill it out, and bring it with you.
2. Anyone who received the Moderna vaccination series is not eligible for a booster dose at this time. However, if you received the Moderna vaccination series and are immunocompromised, you ARE eligible for a third dose.
3. If you are also in need of your flu shot, you can get the flu shot at the same time as your booster dose. We have both the regular quadrivalent and the high dose quadrivalent flu shots available at the pharmacy.