The summer has once again flown by, and the kids are back to school… back to sharing their germs with each other.
Make sure the kids you love are protected with high quality vitamins and supplements.
To help you out, we are offering a back-to-school sale. All children’s vitamins and supplements are 20% off in September. AND, if you buy three or more products, your child will receive a FREE BACK-TO-SCHOOL GIFT!
In case you aren’t sure where to start. Here are the top five supplements we recommend for kids:
1. A Daily Multivitamin—Children don’t always make the healthiest food choices. To ensure they are getting the vitamins and nutrients needed, make sure your child is taking a quality multivitamin. Opt for a food-based product, like Hakuna Matata, which delivers these nutrients in as natural a form as possible and doesn’t come with a hefty side of artificial flavoring, dyes, fillers, sugar, and allergens. A 120 count bottle of Hakuna Matata is regularly $24.99, but with our back-to-school sale it’s just $19.99.
2. Vitamin D—Vitamin D might be the single most important nutrient for your child’s overall health. Low levels of vitamin D correlate to poor bone health, higher blood pressure, cholesterol problems, and poor immunity. Your kids probably got plenty of vitamin D from the sun during the summer months, but now that they are back to school we recommend using 1,000-2,000iu of vita-min D3 daily. We recommend Nordic Naturals D3 Gummies 1,000iu. A bottle of 60 gummies is regularly $12.45, but it’s on sale now for $9.96.
3. Omega-3s—These fats are the building blocks of your child’s nervous system, which means that they’re especially important for your child’s developing brain. Your child would need to eat at least two servings of fatty fish per week to get the bare minimum of omega-3s. Otherwise, it’s time to start looking for a high quality supplement. Recommended intakes for kids vary anywhere between 500-1,500mg of omega-3s per day, depending on age. Nordic Naturals’ Ultimate Omega Junior has a 90 count bottle that’s typically $29.95. Get it on sale this month for $23.96.
4. Probiotics—Studies show that probiotics dramatically lowered the frequency and severity of both diarrhea and respiratory infections. This is an essential supplement to build your child’s immune system. Our favorite for kids is Healthy Living Solutions’ Organic Kids Comfort 5 Billion Probiotic. A 30 count bottle is regularly $21.90, but you can get it this month for $17.52.
5. Vitamin C—You’ve been told to load up on vitamin C when you’re sick. But did you know this vitamin is crucial for your child’s good health and development? Also known as ascorbic acid, vitamin C is an antioxidant that boosts your child’s immune system and helps reduce damage to cells from free radicals in the body. Our favorite for kids is Nordic Naturals’ Vitamin C Gummies. You can usually get a 60 count bottle for $13.45, but this month it costs just $10.76.
If you have any questions, please stop in and talk to any of our pharmacists or supplement specialists.